In the twelfth century, with the donation of King Alfonso VII the Castle of Montalban and his dominions to the Templars, reforestation and consolidation of these lands begins.
Until 1308, Villarejo de Montalbán was under the ownership of the Knights Templar, when King Ferdinand IV, stayed with the goods that the Order had in their states.
Castle and instructs remained for some years subject to the Crown, until Alfonso XI donated them to Don Alfonso Fernandez Colonel. From this moment, the lordship of Montalban was passed from heir to heir during the Middle Ages, consolidating the repopulation process in the area, favored by the taxes received lords won passage of the Mesta.
From the Modern Age, continuous restocking of Alonso Tellez, successor of the master Juan Pacheco. In 1665, Felipe II granted the privilege of town to Villarejo, exempting the administration of La Puebla.