In the 14th century, the Señorío de Valdepusa had sparse population which led to the granting of privileges to those who came to inhabit these lands, granting letters pueblas, this being the case of the despoblado de Pozuelo (San Martín de Pusa).
Apparently, it was around a well where the houses, were finding to be able to stock up on water. Later the population moved around a tower that step eventually to form part of the first mansion built in this place.
With respect to the Administration and Government of the village, the Marquis of Malpica always argued in this jurisdiction the Manor family and territorial. Early would be dependent on the town of Malpica, but with the time step to be head of Navalmoral de Valdepusa and Santa Ana de la Bienvenida. The Constitution of the Council of San Martin would be between 1461 and 1486.
Total independence of Malpica environment must have been carried out to 1515, moment in which San Martin is segregated from the jurisdiction.