The Señorío de Valdepusa traces its origins to the 13th century, although jurisdiction was not granted him until May 26, 1357, being then his Lord Don Diego Gómez de Toledo.
The village of San Martín de Pusa is situated in the Centre of the old manor, its foundation was carried out by residents of the former and nearby population of El Pozuelo, thanks to the Charter puebla granted by your Lord Payo de Ribera 3 April 1457.
In the 16th century, San Martín became the administrative and legal Center of his own Lordship, which also owned Santa Ana de Pusa, Los Navalmorales and, even, Malpica. For this reason, being promoted major works, such as the current church, City Hall, the granary, the cilla, the House where lived the administrators of the Lords, a hospital for pilgrims and the current Palace. Total independence of Malpica environment was carried out to the year 1515, moment in which St. Martin divided from that jurisdiction.
Walk along secluded streets, small squares and squares is found with an ancient and stately population, enjoy the hospitality of their neighbors, people with a large Spanish imprint, kind treatment born seriousness.
We got into San Martín de Pusa finding ourselves with its slender Church, erected in honor to San Martín Obispo. It was built on top of other previous at the end of the 16th century. The Church has head of square ground plan covered three waters and Tower at the foot. The Tower has five bodies, being the latest octagonal with semicircular arches and topped a slate Spire.
During the tour, we also appreciate old house from the 16th century, built as the administrators of the Lords de Valdepusa housing. In which, one distant day, Santa Teresa de Jesús, stayed when, from the town of our Lady of Guadalupe, was heading for la Puebla de Montalbán. Its interior is renovated and currently intended for tourist use.
In a hidden square, Walker is a beautiful chapel dedicated to the most Santísimo Cristo de Valdepozo, image of the Valley of the Pozuelo brought to the village when they abandoned their former population. The Christ was hidden by the natives into a well to rid you of the fury and injustice of Napoleon's armies and being found years later, unharmed. She, as a singular symbiosis, inside a pilaster late Roman and by whom so much devotion locals feel, and image worship that at the Party on May 3.
Further, in the Plaza Mayor, rises the town hall building from the end of the 15th century, when the Catholic Kings sent to make large houses where the Councils to unite. Majestic, stands in front of him, but with sobriety Toledo, the Palacio de los Antiguos Señores de Valdepusa. It is work of the 16th century, built on the strong House that Don Per Afan de Rivera, built in 1470 next to the old tower where Celtic remains have been found. This Palace was given in the last century, along with the title of Marquis de Montalvo, Nicolás Fernández de Córdoba.
In the village of San Martín de Pusa, visitors can also find the ruins of the Santiesteban Castle from the 12th century. They are located on a private estate and currently its ruins lack elements that give you an idea of how it really was.
The beautiful fields of San Martín and its surroundings are a paradise for all those people who love hunting. Stand out for its wealth, rabbits, hares, partridges, pigeons and thrushes. Less frequent are the roe deer, wild boar and deer that are on more proportion as we penetrate in the Montes de Toledo. Without saying that a rich rabbit in garlic sauce, rice with Hare, Partridge stew, are characteristic of the kitchen dishes sanmartilena and any visitor who prepares, cannot fail to try.
The tradition of San Martín de Pusa wine give testimony "Las Viñas", zone of small farms engaged in antiquity to the cultivation of the vine, and some House oldest in the Center, which still preserve small family wineries in their basements.