Navahermosa town of contrasts, mixes the old and the modern achieving perfect harmony. It engages in the somontano pure Toledano, plain at the foot of the mountain ranges of the Telegrajo mountains and northward formations of frog and ochre Plains dotted by black olive groves and oak trees.
Limiting to the North with San Martín de Montalbán, with Menasalbas East, to the South with spring, and to the Northwest with Villarejo de Montalbán, far from the capital 50 kilometers and is accessed by the CM-401.
We can also find mountain ranges and massifs covered with forest and Mediterranean scrub that give shelter to a variety of birds and mammals among the birds we can highlight large birds of prey like the Eagle and Vulture; mammals such as deer, roe deer, foxes and wild boar, as well as rabbits and hares and in general, a rich fora with a variety of trees and shrubs, such as rockrose, holm-oaks, cork oaks. In addition, one of the most exciting to venture into the town of Navahermosa, times is the deer rutting season, in the first rains of autumn.
Entering the village, by the old road of Toledo, we find the Hermitage of San Sebastián, which appears for the first time documented in 1576. It was reedifcada in 1671 as is known today, is rectangular and it was built in masonry.
To the West, crossing Grand Avenue, we find the Casa Consistorial on which rises the great clock tower.
To the East, through winding streets, we glimpse the parish church of San Miguel Arcángel, built on a previous Church from the 15th century. Hernán González, disciple of Covarrubias will be that the current build in 1563, continuing her work Nicolás de Vergara who built the nave. They include the five domes, the largest oval-shaped Cruiser, two other Baroque with reliefs in the dressing rooms and the simplest in the side chapels. The tower built at the end of the 19th century replaces another designed by the architect of the Archbishop Leonardo Clemente in 1827. Enriched with a magnificent Baroque retable with paintings of Carreño Miranda and a crucifjo of mountain, everything disappeared during the Civil War. Subsequently will be provided with a lateral altarpiece of Germán López, Grandmaster of eighteenth-century Toledo Baroque imagery and a carving of San Benito. We also highlight a Christ crucifcado of the school of the 18th century. The convent de Las Comendadoras of Santiago de Toledo comes from the magnificent Baroque organ dated 1775.
Located about two kilometers east of the town, at the top and always watching, stood on one of the two rocks of quartzite rocks two sisters one of the oldest castles in the province of Toledo. The castle of two sisters was edifcado between the XII and XIII century and at its foot runs a small stream, the Merlin. In its proximity was a bloody confrontation between the orders of Alcántara and tempering. Legend has it that among the old walls are enchanted two blackberries sisters, to the morning of the day of San Juan lost enchantment and fall washing to Brook, after they come back inside.
From here, going up the mountains surrounding the town and crossing a stream we find the chapel of our Lady of the miracle, "La Milagra", where the procession is held the third Sunday of the month of May. There is evidence from the 1680 which speak of a Hermitage in the same place of the Valley. The chapel was rebuilt in 1944 after their destruction in the Civil War.
Navahermosa invites lovers of nature, animals, and hiking to lose yourself in its extensive plains and high hills.
It is by all known great fame of the village oil. Also enjoy a delicious typical food of the region of the Montes de Toledo, as the deer, the stewed Partridge, lamb stew, with a wide variety of delicious Manchego cheese. all washed down with a good selection of wines of the region.