It is perhaps the most unique building of the municipality and represents a beautiful metaphor with its name and its use. The neo-Mudéjar style integrates with Semitic motifs in their windows giving an air of union of peoples, this newly restored building has an interesting exhibition of modern painting, formed by the national permission first from the feast of the olive tree. It stands out as a building of architectural interest, built between 1927 and 1928 by the architect Ezerquiel Martin. It stands out for its lobed horseshoe arches, distributed in two floors, Crown the entrance to the Town Hall the original circular tower of bulbous Dome decorated with tiles of coloured geometric and vegetal motifs.
Torreon City Hall
Old Municipal slaughterhouse (Tourism Office)
Late 19th century industrial building in 1892, modernist style popular with neo-classical references. Rehabilitated by the workshop School of Mora between 2004 and 2005, it currently houses along with other units of the Town Hall tourist office.
These old industrial chimneys were erected in each of the mills of oil as essential to the functioning of the hydraulic press extraction of the same. Its height, more than 25 metres and they were erect during the last decade of the nineteenth century and beginning of the 20th century for the correct operation of the mill. Fireplaces currently protected and declared cultural heritage of the city. Today they can be found in Mora to a total of 10 samples of these fireplaces, scattered throughout the city centre and the outskirts of the town, protected and preserved in olive oil mills, patios and private homes.
Interesting neo-Mudéjar façade, in brickwork with geometric decoration. Flanked by two towers of square section. Home topped in fronton triangular.
Castle of Peñas Negras
From this vantage point the view is lost in a sea of olive trees decorate the saw the ruins of the fortress of the 10th built by the Arabs and guarded once conquered by the soldiers monks of the order of Santiago.
History and legend through the walls and buildings of this construction.
This fortress is located about five kilometers from the town towards East, nestled in the sierra with the same name. Irregular plant was built on rocky seat in the SX This circumstance makes it an outstanding point to defend the routes of invasion carrying Almohad territory to the Christian. King Alfonso VIII gave the castle of Peñas Negras to the order of Santiago, in the year 1172, together with the encomienda de Mora.
Castle of Peñas Negras
Building carried out by private initiative in 1915. The façade is composed and topped by a pediment, where is the coat of arms of the town.
Dedicated many years to cinema, the city acquired it in 1985 and rehabilitated him in 1992, recovering the boxes that initially existed at that time. Today it is again dedicated to theatre and concert hall.
Its programming is divided into three seasons, spring, September fair scenarios and scenarios of autumn.
Performing arts and artistic manifestations accompany visitors in the afternoons and evenings to meet the most varied cultural proposals. In the summer months the culture takes the street; concerts, theatres in the squares, the maximum exponents are the Medieval Festival and the festivities in Honor of Santa Ana in late July.
Church of Nuestra Señora de Altagracia
The parish church stands in the historic centre of Mora, rebuilt in the 16th century after the events of 1521 during the Guerra of the communities.
Temple of late Gothic style with a nave divided into four sections separated by torales very targeted and arches covered with vaults choir is seated on the last stretch of vault ovijal very flat. The plant and trace are attributed to Alonso de Covarrubias. On the exterior walls presents decoration pearls and small Horseshoe Windows inscribed in ornamented.
At the foot of the Church is the Bell Tower whose body is much more modern than the rest of the building topped with a spire of slate.
The Hermitage of Nuestra Señora de la Antigua
This building is situated on the hill that starts the Montes de Toledo, from here you can see the different regions of Toledo: La Mancha, Los Montes de Toledo and la Sagra. Considered from the end of the 16th century chapel, located in the ancient Hill to the East of the town. Toledano popular Baroque style was built in honor to the Virgin. It currently houses inside fresh paintings of great artistic value with reference to religion, culture and aspects of life of the 18th century. Today, it houses the image of this Virgin very venerated by the morachos.
Convent of San Eugenio
Located within the historic town, built in the 16th century and inhabited by the Franciscan friars until the nineteenth century, the time of the confiscation. It is distributed with the plant in the form of a Latin cross, side chapels and cloisters is a typical Toledo and conventual building of brick and stone. Later hosted the home headquarters of the Guardia Civil and a teaching college. At present, the central courtyard, houses the Casa de la Cultura in 1998 to expand.
The Hermitage of Cristo de La Vera Cruz
Already in the 18th century were registered in arrears six chapels, creating Roma is at the end of it and outside the urban core five of them: Santísimo Cristo de la Veracruz, Santa Anta, Santa Lucia, Ermita de Yegros and, finally, the Hermitage of Ntra. Ms. of the Antigua.
There are today two of the aforementioned chapels, Ntra Mora. Ms. of the Antigua and the chapel of the Cristo de la Veracruz. The latter houses the image of the Christ which is a carving of the 16th century.
Quintería de la Solana de San Juan
The quinterias, only for seasonal cottages, are perhaps the last stronghold, still visible today in which the memory takes refuge of what was moracha until almost yesterday, agricultural life until the mechanization of the field work with which meant of defeat for trucks and galleys.
The quinteria in Mora, elsewhere many of la Mancha, responds to a need. The remoteness of certain payments, eight, ten, twelve kilometers, imposed the existence of these farmhouse where, overnight laborers or aceituneros, trimmers or grape pickers, is avoided the loss of precious time spent in the long, painful and slow comings and goings.
"Felipe Vegue" of communal heritage olive oil Museum
Building of modern and functional architecture, brings together a collection of pieces which intends to transmit the culture which have been protagonists, throughout history and in their ages, the olive tree, olive and olive oil. On the tour we can contrast a mill from the 19th century, with the end of 20th century, in the different rooms of the single-issue.
La Almazara de la Encomienda
Old mill buttery from the beginning of 20th century in operation to the delight of visitors where you can see how oil was made by hand. Currently, Ethnological Museum of the oil. Today, this traditional buttery mill can be appreciated thanks to the voluntary gathering of people involved in the world of oil. In the you can admire pieces related to the world of oil and wine, along with collections of weights and measures.