Only 30 kilometers from the city of Toledo Cuerva is accessed easily by road CM-4013, crossing the neighboring towns of Arges, Layos and Pulgar.
The origins of the town of Crow, in the foothills of the Montes de Toledo, dating back to the earliest times of our past. It has been taken for granted that there was an urban nucleus called Líbora in the place where the city now lies in the time when carpetanos populated province of Toledo and the north of Ciudad Real.
In 1220 there was a place called Villar de Corva has been identified as the current population. Later it was fief of the Mayor of Toledo, Juan Carrillo, taking the name of Villacarrillo during his lifetime. The they inherited Aldonza Carrillo and Pedro Lopez de Ayala, Count of Fuensalida; and in the late fifteenth century it passed to Garcilaso de la Vega and Sancha de Guzman, the famous poet Garcilaso parents until 1865.
The visit to this town can start from the main square where the Town Hall is located and part of the facade of the Church of St. James. In the atrium that leads to the parish church a Gothic stone berroqueña cruise early sixteenth century and a rich cover of carved stone stands. It was declared a National Historic-Artistic Monument in 1975 and is a majestic architectural complex built with solid masonry and granite ashlar stone. The chapel was built in Gothic style in the late fifteenth or early sixteenth century. Construction continued until 1572 carried out a major expansion and renovation that left Renaissance testimonies. In the seventeenth century was built the great Relic Chapel, attached to the Presbytery and work was completed in 1635 with the construction of the beautiful herreriana tower.
The temple was familiar pantheon of Lasso de la Vega for more than 200 years. Inside they deserve to be admired portraits of nobles of the time and the great picture of the Last Supper painted by Luis Tristan, beloved disciple of El Greco.
Surrounding the facade of the Church arrived in the alley of Doña Aldonza, undoubtedly one of the most beautiful parts of the town, where you can see the back door of the church, the entrance to the Convent of the Discalced Carmelites, founded in 1585 by Doña Aldonza Niño de Guevara and the facade of the convent Church drawn, it seems, between 1616 and 1621 (now open for worship).
Walking the streets wide and straight Cuerva we can see places of great attractiveness and tradition reaching a beautiful mansion built in the early seventeenth century, built to house the School of Infants, later called grammarians College of San Ildefonso.
A few meters from the village, on level ground, the remains of the Castle of Peñaflor, with three floors, with circular towers, built in the first half of the fifteenth century, less preserved fortress XIII.
On the old road of Toledo is the Hermitage Virgen del Remedio, the patron saint of the town that has been revered for its neighbors since at least 1564. Following damage at different times, Ermita said today has the splendor it deserves thanks to a major restoration undertaken by the Brotherhood of Remedy.
Next to this hermitage, in 1993, a monument was raised to poet Garcilaso de la Vega, by the close relationship he had with the people.
From this spot entering the municipality is a slender roll of Justice of the sixteenth century.
In addition to the gothic cross the facade of the Church, there are other crossings in different municipalities: Cruz Verde Cruz de Mayo, Way of the Cross and Calvary.
This villa has always been particularly renowned for its traditional pottery. It is a rustic ceramic glazed earthenware and decorated with provincial motives. It knows that this pottery was already famous in the days of Felipe II.
At Christmas and throughout the month of January you can visit one of the most monumental and traditional Nativity of the Province.