Just 7 kilometers of Toledo is Cobisa. To access the municipality take the "Valley Road", as known to the road that runs through the area of Los Cigarrales and heads to Parador of the capital; from this we take the TO-7901-V leads us to our destination.
Due to its proximity to the city, it is a place very chosen by Toledo to locate their place of residence, in turn, Cobisa offers its residents the pleasures and comfort offered by Toledo municipalities.
The origin of Cobisa to some historians, dates back to 1175 when mozarabes documents that attest to the existence of a village near Toledo appear, although prior to this documentation these parts were populated by Celtiberian peoples ranging between Madrid and Toledo . From the ruins of that town, born Cobisa.
Its most prominent building is the Church of St. Philip and St. James, built on an ancient chapel of the twelfth century. It was restored in 1942 being discovered in it some wall paintings depicting the Resurrection and New Testament scenes. In its exterior include ceramic panels painted by the famous ceramist and academic Toledo Don Jose Aguado.
Just outside the village, on a private estate, the espadana and remains of a convent in brick and stone remains of the eighteenth century.
Another attraction is the Ethnological Museum "Grooves", in which we find different tools or utensils Labraza from carts rods, implements was, farming tools, collection of keys and pulls, hanging horquillo and pitchfork loading and launch, velorda of puppy, and various household utensils, etc.
In the Place de la Concorde, Sundays of each month, last found the "Sale of the Gizmo" where all interested individuals can sell, buy, trade or give away objects that still have useful life.
It is a town surrounded by olive trees in its entirety and the developments which have a touch of modernity based on the construction of low-rise houses that exude a rural environment on all sides.
It is noteworthy Waterhole, ancient water channel to water the animals that existed in the old town.
Also of note, the existence of fountains and springs, as the Pozo de las Nieves, which is still at its best and in perfect condition for use.
We can not forget that here passes the Camino de Santiago's southwest, from Alicante, Cartagena, Murcia, Valencia and Albacete.
In addition, the municipality itself is immersed in the number section 8 of the Route of Don Quixote, Almagro to Toledo and secondly, from Toledo to San Clemente through El Toboso and Belmonte.
As for its gastronomy it is noteworthy that all who pass by here will have the tremendous pleasure to taste some typical local dishes: migas, hare or venison. Also try the famous puches grandmothers do in the month of November for the feast of All Saints.