To scanty 20 kilometres to the south of Toledo Ajofrín is, municipality placed in a plain of granite to the east of the Mounts of Toledo, from which it is possible to contemplate the contrasts of a locality in which they coexist the plain cerealista and the olive grove.
In Ajofrín's environment we can observe the Hill Benedictine monk and the spurs of Layos's Saw, a great variety of representative flora of the region since could be olive trees, almond-trees, grapevines, fields of cereal, brooms, oaks, etc. As for the fauna stands out the presence of red partridge, rabbits, hares, foxes, ringdoves, thrushes, birds esteparias, etc.
In Ajofrín there exist diverse rural ways that connect with others from the nearby localities and that make possible the accomplishment of a great variety of routes, already be in bicycle, walking, astride ... and of different levels of difcultad. The tour for Ajofrín shows us a rich monumental heritage of which is outlined the architecture tied to the religious activities, as churches, hermitages and convents.
From Toledo taking the N-401, we enter Ajofrín the Royal street, principal street of the municipality which sera modal for our visit. In her the Parochial lglesia Santa Maria Sponge-cake receives us with his majestic edifcación. It was constructed in the 16th century, craggy place consists of an alone ship of Latin cross and factory based on mamposterfa of stone combined with brick; of her stands out his tower of Mudejar style.
In the Church Square you can visit the Museo Jacinto Guerrero (LV from 8:00 to 15:00; S-0 appointment) installed at municipal offices. The museum is dedicated to this musician, considered one of the leading and most charismatic figures of the Spanish operetta and popular music. Its halls show more than a hundred photographs, original clippings, printed scores, personal items, all reproduced scenes from the life of the composer, his career, characters and places related. From the Plaza de la Iglesia took Quiros Street to Plaza de Jacinto Guerrero in which we find the House of Jacinto Guerrero, home of composer neomudejar nineteenth century style, decorated with plaster lattice, Alices and two polilobulados arches, which support on three columns small.
Walking through its streets we find the Hermitage of San Andrés, founded on April 28, 1672 by Rodriguez Lozano, resident of this town. The edifcio consists of a single ship with a lintel in the door feet. Its facade features a brick belfry with triangular pediment, recently restored.
From here until the next stop on the Convent of Dominican nuns, we walked through the city observing the façades and covers adinteladas shows that the Baroque had a large presence in the city. Convent of Dominican nuns was founded in 1611 by Juana Criado, Ajofrinera birth. In we found a columned courtyard with four pandas and two stories high. On the south side of the nuns cells are arranged and east the church.
Continuing the route towards the path of Layos or Canada Merino, found in the Chapel of the Four Roads, edifcio the second half of the twentieth century was built in the style of Andalusian chapels. It is visited by all the DFA ajofrineros Romerfa of Cuatro Caminos.
From here, back to our starting point we can enter the town streets finding the source of Cano Viejo, nineteenth century formed by a cilfndrico body pillaster chapitel and topped with cornice, on which rests a dome that ends in bowl on a pedestal , and was watering the Canada Merino. The Fountain St. ldelfonso or Cuatro Canos, undoubtedly one of the most important monuments of the town, because it describes clearly to whom it belonged, ie, the Dean and Chapter of the Cathedral of Toledo, symbolizing the statue to the town of Ajofrfn. On our visit we also find the Jurisdictional Rollo, dated dated 1480. Made of stone berroqueña on four tiered stands, it consists of shaft with circular abacus Ionic capital.
The municipality also highlights the Carcel Visigoth or also known as Fort House of Lords Ajofrín sixth century Visigothic building that served as a prison in different historical periods. It is restored and although it is privately owned you can visit FNES week, by appointment.
We continue the visit along Calle Real to head south of town, where we find the Chapel of Jesus Nazareno of the sixteenth century. The head is square and its dimensions are larger than the rest of the chapel, facing this is a niche, with space on either side, where there is an image of Jesus Nazareno.
To conclude the route, from this point we turn on the N-401 road to Chueca (TO-2133-V). It is here that we find the Hermitage of Aliman, rectangular temple with a single nave. This shrine is visited by ajofrineros the day of the pilgrimage Aliman.