- Category: Pulgar
The first written references about thumb are late due to the scarce population and urban, entity both in Muslim times as a Christian.
According to Cardinal Lorenzana, Pulgar was founded in the 12th century and was possession of! Lord Archbishop D. Rodrigo. It must be borne in mind that this population is located on the road linking the city of Córdoba with Toledo, and due to the continuous relations between these two cities, this road was one of the busiest. This road was very similar to that existed in Roman times, where we also find cited place of thumb as passageway according to studies by Manuel Corchado Soriano.
In 1243, the Archbishop of Toledo gives in barter to King Fernando III the village of Pulgar in Exchange for Baeza and Añover. The villa passed thus from a place of ecclesiastical Lordship to realengo, although not for long, so in 1246, King Fernando el Santo sold thumb to the city of Toledo, for 45.000 mrs. Alfonsies of gold. From then on, thumb was subject to the lordship of Toledo and governed by their city through the judge of the mountains.
- Category: Pulgar
Excellent cheeses (made with sheep's milk following handmade techniques) are prepared in thumb and oil of olive which are marketed under labels of quality of appellation of origin "Manchego cheese" and extra virgin olive oil "Montes de Toledo". As in other many localities of the Montes de Toledo, wine is a featured product at this location.
Bread and sweets
Thumb is "Pineapple products". This bread, and candy factory offers tourists the possibility to acquire a wide variety of products that will certainly please more than one palate. Mantecados, perronillas, pastas of tea, muffins and typical sweets of the area such as the Marzipan, cakes or the roulade.
- Category: Pulgar
Medieval bridge of unknown antiquity (May 14th), must lie in the same place where another Roman did. With two pointed arches between which are inserted two breakwaters of triangular section (above and below water), retains a pavement of large slabs and a parapet of lajas see ticals of granite.
Hermitage of Nuestra Señora de la Soledad
Found documents attesting that there were two chapels around 1576. One was at the foot of the consecrated to the Holy San Sebastián mountains and the other was dedicated to Nuestra Señora de las Angustias. The reasons for the change in return unknown because currently the Hermitage is consecrated to our Lady of solitude, and it addresses the 'Brotherhood of the Virgin of solitude'.
It is a building of the XVI century, with rectangular and a ship. It is reinforced with three contrafuentes on the south facade, none on the North facade. The apse is of Ashlar, it topped with cornice moldings. Stresses in the façade a simple belfry where the campaign is and crowning it has a cross.
The hermitage of Ntra. Ms. de la Soledad.
Santo Domingo de Guzman parish church
Just one simple observation to be realize that the Church is built over the remains of what must have been a tower or medieval fortress, which should serve for the defence of the road .llamado "of Cordoba". This temple, which could be built in century XIII, consists with u na total area of 700 m2, distributed in a single central nave's barrel vault and a few side boats that act as chapels. The largest of these chapels is dedicated to the patron of the town Santo Domingo. At the foot of the central nave rises the choir, rectangular and with a balustrade of wood turning. In the sacristy, three large sealed stones pointed out the entrance to the possible Dungeon of the Castle. From here it is said that he was leaving, as in all strength when it was besieged by the enemy, a passage that was to have the castle to escape the siege, and which reached what is now the town square.