San Martín de Pusa

In the 14th century, the Señorío de Valdepusa had sparse population which led to the granting of privileges to those who came to inhabit these lands, granting letters pueblas, this being the case of the despoblado de Pozuelo (San Martín de Pusa).

Apparently, it was around a well where the houses, were finding to be able to stock up on water. Later the population moved around a tower that step eventually to form part of the first mansion built in this place.

With respect to the Administration and Government of the village, the Marquis of Malpica always argued in this jurisdiction the Manor family and territorial. Early would be dependent on the town of Malpica, but with the time step to be head of Navalmoral de Valdepusa and Santa Ana de la Bienvenida. The Constitution of the Council of San Martin would be between 1461 and 1486.

Total independence of Malpica environment must have been carried out to 1515, moment in which San Martin is segregated from the jurisdiction. 

0
0
0
s2sdefault
  • "Santísimo Cristo de Valdepozo" (May 3)
  • "Fiestas del Verano" (August 15)
  • "Fiesta de San Martín Obispo" (November 11)
0
0
0
s2sdefault

Parish Church of San Martín Obispo

Located in the Centre of the village we find this majestic temple that nowadays is undergoing some restoration work which is intended to make this church shine with all light of yesteryear.

iglesia san margin obispo

Tower and Church of San Martín of Bishop.

Hermitage of Cristo de Valdepozo

Next to a small square, in the Centre of the municipality is the tourist with the chapel of the Christ of Valdelpozo. This temple consists of two naves, the central and a smaller side, both is separated by an archway of four arches. This temple is dedicated to the most Holy Christ of Valdepusa, an image of the Valley of the Pozuelo brought to the town when they abandoned their former population. The Christ was hidden inside a well to save him from destruction at the hands of Napoleon's armies. Years later it was found in perfect condition.

Town Hall

This building was commissioned at the end of the 15th century, when the Catholic Kings sent to make large houses where the Councils to unite.

ayto

Town Hall

Palace of the ancient Lords of Valdepusa

Front to the Town Hall the visitor is with the Palace of the Lords de Valdepusa antriguos. This impressive building shows the Toledo sobriety in its construction. Alongside its facade lies the old tower where Celtic remains have been found. This Palace was regaldo in the last century, along with the title of Montalvo marqes, Nicolás Fernández de Córdoba.

In village of San Martín de Pusa, visitors can also find the ruins of the Santiesteban Castle from the 12th century. They are located on a private estate which are difficult to access. Ask at the Town Hall.

fachada antiguos sres valdepusa

Facade of the Palace of the ancient Lords of Valdepusa.

0
0
0
s2sdefault

NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand