- Category: Los Yébenes
The human presence in the town of Los Yébenes date back to the Bronze Age period of several sites such as heap Wheat and Spouts known.
His foundation is in the government of the Roman emperor Traja no. The presence rom pu ede ana is certified with the presence of some remains of this era as the Fourth Roman road, which still exists track. There are news of Arab domination and from the year 930, when the Cordovan caliph Abderramán 111 camped with his army on the banks of river Algodor to take the population is of Mora and Toledo.
The strategic importance of the area was crucial for it was successively occupied by Muslims and Christians. The forts, towers and castles that plazan em on the town testify what is said.
Over the medieval manors afi.os divide the population into two halves, leaving a party under the domain of the City of Toledo, and the other Goberna given by the Knights of the Order of St. John of Jerusalem.
Toledo Yébenes is older than the town ruled by the sanjuanistas. However, from ancient Noliva of carpetanos, just the donation of King Henry I the archbishop of Toledo Rodrigo Ximénez de Rada, there is no historical news of the densest population ation. In 1243, King Ferdinand III, received the deed of assignment of these territories.
As regards the village of Yébenes of San Juan, said that was owned by the Templars. There is evidence that it was repopulated by the Order of St. John in the XIII century, through letters pueblas gave the commanders of this order throughout the Mancha. For its part, the Yébenes of San Juan were transferred between 1238 and 1241. For six centuries coexist two towns, with parishes, municipalities and different jurisdictions, until the government of Liberal Triennium loved ll (1822) arrives the first unifying trial , annulled the following year. Between 1833 and 1835 the definitive union just 564 years of legal and administrative division is achieved.
The vastness of the town of Los Yébenes places it among the twenty largest in Spain. Giving you a great capacity to hold on their land variety of flora and fauna that make this area one of the richest in the community. The dominant plant species is the oak, but also pu eden observe other kinds of trees such as oaks, willows, ash ... In the mountains there is a dense thicket of Kermes oak, juniper and oak, among seas of broom, rock rose and rosemary especially in those areas devoted to grazing. Regarding wildlife, highlight steppe birds such as the Little Bustard and the Great Bustard, ducks, montunas birds like partridge; prey, night and day. Mammals such as otters, weasels and hedgehog. Or hunting interest, such as deer or roe deer. The huge amount of roads per mite tourists, nature lovers enjoy this small natural paradise.
- Category: Los Yébenes
Yébenes has a rich past in terms of craftsmanship. Today we highlight the workshops of saddlery and fine leather goods and especially the famous workers of español.También knot carpet is famous handicraft rush, bulrush, rope and forging.
- Category: Los Yébenes
Cresting the milling path composed of three moli us and the miller's house. Grindings are made the old fashioned way. To visit the mills and the miller's house you have to ask permission in the city of Los Yébenes.
Guadalerzas castle (Private)
Strategic military fortress, located on the road from Toledo to Cordoba, was delivered by King AJfonso VI to the Order of San Juan and later that of Calatrava.
Its construction is the S. XII by Calatrava with the function of serving as a hospital to attend to the numerous injured battle. After the defeat of AJarcos (1195) falls in Muslim hands until recovery after the successful Christian Navas de Tolosa (1212). Change of character, serving as troop accommodation and traveling merchants from Toledo to Córdoba.En the thirteenth century, numerous disputes over ownership, sanjuanistas, Calatrava and Ax zobispado of Toledo, are resolved in favor of Calatrava. In 1865, the castle with all its lands were expropriated and divided into lots. Forta Leza was acquired by Matías Nieto Serrano
Ermita El Cristo
Ermita made of masonry and brick courses. Na presents or cover the foot of the temple, under carpanel brick arch and espadafia of an eye and hip roof. Should highlight their coffered
Church of Santa Maria
Church (cléctica Mudejar. Outside has a base of granite ashlar, with the brickwork and masonry. Two covers give access such tempo, south on stands, presents arch brick and on it a pilastered niche topped with a triangular pediment, the West a false facade composed of a frieze of small pilasters tour with leather upper and semicircular niche cotiene pediment. It has a square tower with a high belfry brick, consisting of four holes or windows and two bells in them. Lack third that led to the igualque those of San Juan, during the Civil War. The interior shows a Latin cross in which stands or na cruise dome that tops with flashlight. A ship, divided into three sections by pilasters that make up an order of Corinthian inspiration, along rum decorated frieze and cornice. The Chapel has a first rectangular space covered by Canon, and the semicircular headboard, occupied by the altarpiece by Diego Martinez Arce, placing him polychrome figures, imagery seventeenth century. Stylistically, the interior of the church is baroque.
The art collection located in the sacristy dating from the sixteenth century until the eighteenth century, responding to artistic movements of the time: Renaissance, Baroque and Rococo. Cmdros the highlights are The Marriage of the Virgin, anonymous, attributed to the circle of Rubens, seventeenth century Flemish Baroque movement. Eucharistic ship, deAlejandro Loarte, Baroque (1624).
Church of San Juan
This temple was built in the early seventeenth century. In the footboard there is a bow by Tada CamPanel resurgent ball decorated with Gothic style. AJ north and south if you are an two symmetrical covers. The first, Doric, neoclassical style, the second padded with ashlar arch and triangular pediment by a forward who has a shield, 1595. In the nave there are brick buttresses and one of stone j nto the headboard . The bell tower is mudéj ar S. XVI, stuck in the footboard whose top two bodies are brick. Inside, we appreciate lical plant basi divided into sections by pilasters cu atrophy. Cover, barrel vault with side windows. The wall is supported by Doric pilasters supporting a frieze run. The presbytery is passed through a triumphal arch resting on a stone column order Jóni co. It is covered by u na vault forming a floral design whose center comprises a cross of the Order of San Juan. The Chapel opens like a three-sided niche covered by the altarpiece by such a triumphal arc. It must be decorated with frescoes, as preserved remains are appreciated
Ermita de San Blas
This is one of the chapels Antique as the resort, it is located on top of a hill and is built in masonry and brick lines, with base in parts of cement and other liming.
Hermita de La Soledad
Under the patronage of Our Lady. From this chapel Soledad hospital picking up poor and sick was erected. The Toledo factory façade rig with cement base and access po Tada is semicircular with alfiz, he finished off with a belfry ladri ment. The interior consists of u na single nave covered by a barrel vault with lunettes. You reach the main chapel by a triumphal arch, closed by wooden fence and covered with semicircular dome
Ermita de la Concepción
Like loneliness, Toledo rig façade with brick corners, plaster base and espadafia of an eye. The cover is of arch-covered atrium and three waters. Inside, it consists of a ship covered by a false ceiling. The triumphal arch is semicircular, broken housing and partly enclosed by an iron gate. The rectangular presbytery is covered by a vault in drag.
Palacio de la Encomienda
We also noticed this place, now private, where Carlos III was staying when he came to hunt the Montes de Toledo.